Aqua Wash Intaglio Ink – Black 55985 is a cold and deep black. This etching ink is used to strengthen and increase the intensity of other black Aqua Wash Inks.
This is our most viscous ink, making it hard to wipe when undiluted.
Charbonnel Aqua Wash Intaglio Inks
The Aqua Wash range features 17 unique tints and 7 blacks.
Our Intaglio Inks are oil based, highly pigmented and non-toxic. Matching the quality expected by professional printmakers.
Aqua wash inks soften quickly when blended. When fluid they are easily spread across the grooves of a plate and are very easy to wipe.
Aqua Wash inks can be used in all intaglio printing techniques including engraving, dry-point, mezzotint, etching and aquatint. They can also be used with monotype and relief printing techniques such as linocut and wood prints.
Features of Aqua Wash
• Water-washable oil-based emulsion (contains no water)
• Hands and materials can be washed with soap and water
• High pigment concentration (comparable to standard inks)
• Extremely lightfast
• All the colours are mixable
• Viscous and easy to wipe
• Can be used with paper that is less damp than required for standard etching ink
• Same drying times as standard inks
• Will not soften when dry