Aqua Wash Intaglio Ink – Primrose Yellow is the primary yellow oil based, aqua wash etching ink.
Colour number: 233
Lightfastness: Completely lightfast, even when lightened ★★★
Opacity: Opaque ■
Volume: 60ml tube
Charbonnel Aqua Wash Intaglio Inks
The Aqua Wash range features 17 unique tints and 7 blacks.
Our Intaglio Inks are oil based, highly pigmented and non-toxic. Matching the quality expected by professional printmakers.
Aqua wash inks soften quickly when blended. When fluid they are easily spread across the grooves of a plate and are very easy to wipe.
Aqua Wash inks can be used in all intaglio printing techniques including engraving, dry-point, mezzotint, etching and aquatint. They can also be used with monotype and relief printing techniques such as linocut and wood prints.
Features of Aqua Wash
• Water-washable oil-based emulsion (contains no water)
• Hands and materials can be washed with soap and water
• High pigment concentration (comparable to standard inks)
• Extremely lightfast
• All the colours are mixable
• Viscous and easy to wipe
• Can be used with paper that is less damp than required for standard etching ink
• Same drying times as standard inks
• Will not soften when dry